Subscribe to ASIAPACIFICSD-L
Articles by Regions
IISD's Knowledge Management
IISD RS Meeting Coverage
About the ASIAPACIFICSD-L Mailing List
- What is ASIAPACIFICSD-L?
- What is posted on ASIAPACIFICSD-L?
- How do I subscribe to ASIAPACIFICSD-L?
- How do I access postings to ASIAPACIFICSD-L?
- How do I post a message to ASIAPACIFICSD-L?
- How do I unsubscribe from ASIAPACIFICSD-L?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
ASIAPACIFICSD-L is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in sustainable development policy for Asia and the Pacific. This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. ASIAPACIFICSD-L is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of issues related to the Asia-Pacific region by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to sustainable development activities with a strong focus on the Asia-Pacific region. ASIAPACIFICSD-L offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include Asia-Pacific policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Asia-Pacific Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the Asia-Pacific Regional Coverage knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to the Asia-Pacific region: i.e. best practices or research results, announcements or outcomes of sustainable development-related meetings or sessions/side events focused on the Asia-Pacific region, relevant job postings, publications and online resources;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible, do not send file attachments. If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the ASIAPACIFICSD-L listserve, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on ASIAPACIFICSD-L
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive ASIAPACIFICSD-L postings in your email, subscribe to the ASIAPACIFICSD-L listserve as described above.
To read ASIAPACIFICSD-L postings online, and to access older posts, visit the ASIAPACIFICSD-L listserve Archive.
Any ASIAPACIFICSD-L subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to ASIAPACIFICSD-L@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from ASIAPACIFICSD-L, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to ASIAPACIFICSD-L.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to ASIAPACIFICSD-L. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next ASIAPACIFICSD-L.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact Diego Noguera <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact Diego Noguera <email@example.com>.